- Land Use
Land Use Committee
The mission of the Land Use Committee is to consider and recommend solutions to issues and concerns relating to land use and construction in the Town of Chevy Chase that may be identified by the Town Council, town residents, or the committee itself, to advise the council on the use of existing town authority to control development and redevelopment, and to identify laws, policies, and practices related to development that the town may wish to use.
Recommendations are made in view of the Town’s Strategic Plan and the public health, safety, and general welfare of town residents.
- Memo re. Short Term Residential Rentals, June 9, 2017
- Report to the Town Council, June 20, 2016
- Memo re. Floating Zones, June 4, 2016
- Report to the Town Council, July 20, 2015
- Report to the Town Council, July 1, 2014
- Memo re. Accessory Apartments, July 2, 2013
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are posted prior to each meeting. Minutes are posted upon approval at a regularly scheduled committee meeting.
About the Land Use Committee
The Land Use Committee will, among other things:
- Advise the Town Council on land use issues as they arise
- Monitor enactment of new state and county regulations pertaining to land use that impact the town
- Monitor effectiveness of existing town land use ordinances and regulations and suggest modifications
- Provide information to town residents and developers about the town’s land use goals, regulations, policies, and practices
- Land Use Handbook
- Land Use Committee End of Year Report July 2010 - This work was presented to the Town Council at the July 2010 meeting
- Proposed Building Code Changes 2010
- Proposed Building Code Changes 2009
Please reference this list of 10 things to know before building in the town. It provides some general building and development information and is a great "jumping off" point before starting a project.