|Home | A-Z Index | Contact | Search|
|About Our Town Council & Staff Boards & Committees Services Permits & Regulations Community Links E-Documents|
The Neighborhood Watch Program still seeks more residents to participate as block captains. This program is open to all residents. For more information or to volunteer to become a block captain, please contact Management Assistant Eric Glidden at (301) 654-7144.
5 Simple Homeowner Safety Tips:
1. Keep your house locked at all times: an unlocked house invites crime. Keep valuables out of sight of first floor windows.
2. Keep your car locked at all times: keep loose change in your car out of sight. Anything visible in your car is an invitation for someone to break in. (Over 50% of car break-ins in our neighborhood occurred in unlocked cars)
3. Keep your front and back door lights on at night: police say that lighting is an effective crime deterrent.
4. Notify neighbors when you go away: arrange to have your newspapers stopped or picked up. Ask a neighbor to retrieve packages or mail delivered when you are away and leave a contact phone number where you can be called in case of emergency when you’re gone.
5. Call 911 to report any suspicious activity: cars or vans whose occupants are acting strangely. Strangers in the neighborhood whose behavior is unusual or unsettling.
© Copyright 2011, The Town of Chevy Chase
Website Design by Calvert Design Group