Corso Chevy Chase Submits Final Application to Rezone 7100 Connecticut Avenue
Corso Chevy Chase has submitted its final application to the County Planning Department to rezone the former 4-H property at 7100 Connecticut Avenue.
We note that the developers have now responded to the Town's request to reduce the height of the buildings around the three sides of the property adjacent to Town residences. The outward facing portions of these buildings have been reduced from 5 to 4 stories, while the outward facing portion of the building in the northwest corner has been reduced from 4 to 3 stories.
Below is a list of several documents that we believe residents will want to focus on.
- Building Height Diagram -- This shows how height is defined and how the number of feet translates into the number of stories.
- Massing Imagery -- This provides comprehensive renderings of the proposed buildings from numerous angles.
- Site Sections -- These show the elevation of the buildings looking along an East-West axis and a North-South axis.
- Site Elevation Diagram -- This shows how the plan complies with the County's height compatibility standards.
- Corso's Response to Town Comments -- This is the written response to the Town's second round of comments submitted on December 15, 2022.
All resubmitted application documents can be found here.
For ease of comparison, below are links to these same documents from the previous submission.
The Town Council will review and discuss this application at its regular monthly meeting on Thursday, January 19. We look forward to seeking and receiving resident comments before we prepare the Town's testimony for the public hearings to be held by the Planning Board and the County Hearing Examiner in February.